On Monday, Sen. Bernie Sanders urged his supporters to opinion for Hillary Clinton in a prime-time debate from a Democratic National Convention theatre in Philadelphia. That same day, revolutionary Seattle City Councilmember Kshama Sawant — who had corroborated Sanders — told a throng during a convene opposite city to continue Sanders’ “political revolution,” not by following his lead, yet by voting for Green Party claimant Jill Stein.
In this deteriorate of two-party discontent, both Stein and Johnson trust they have a possibility to flay off electorate and leave their marks on a presidential race.
Garnering support from 15 percent of voters in inhabitant polls qualifies a claimant for a presidential debates. That seems to be a benchmark of legitimacy for that Stein and Johnson are aiming.
Johnson, a former administrator of New Mexico, is famous for his support (and use) of marijuana, favors tiny government, a singular expenditure taxation and some-more insurance for polite liberties.
Stein, a medicine who became a magnanimous activist, offers a height that prioritizes transformation on meridian change and eradicates tyro debt.
She wants a nation’s appetite to be 100 percent purify and renewable by 2030, would like GMOs criminialized until they’re proven protected (many scientists already trust GMOs are safe) and would set a $15-per-hour sovereign minimum wage.
• Stein wants to annul tyro debt and pledge tuition-free preparation from preschool by university education. She wants to “protect a open propagandize systems from privatization and boost sovereign appropriation for school.”
• Johnson “believes there is no purpose for a sovereign supervision in education.” He would cut a Department of Education.
• Stein’s height prioritizes meridian change. It calls for a anathema on pesticides that she says bluster bees, and would transition a nation wholly to renewable appetite and finish a use of chief energy.
• Johnson believes a meridian is substantially changing and humans are substantially contributing. He supports a sovereign government’s seductiveness in safeguarding a environment, yet believes that should occur by punishing polluters, not inserted in appetite markets or subsidizing certain appetite sources.
• Stein supports a sovereign $15 minimum wage, some-more kinship rights and tighter law of Wall Street. Her height calls for taxation cuts for a bad and center class, and aloft taxes on a wealthy. She hopes to levy a duration on foreclosures and evictions.
• Johnson advocates for a giveaway marketplace with tiny supervision and singular regulation. He favors taxation remodel that would emanate a singular expenditure taxation that is a same rate for all products and all purchasers. Basic necessities would be lonesome by a “prebate” — a monthly remuneration given to each taxpaying domicile by a government.
• Stein favors a single-payer health-care complement that would radically give everybody a form of Medicare.
• Johnson favors entirely privatized health care.
• Stein believes in LGBTQ protections from taste and supports happy marriage.
• Johnson says people ought to be giveaway to marry whomever they want.
• Stein’s height calls for demilitarized borders and an finish to deportations of law-abiding undocumented immigrants.
• Johnson would like work visas to be some-more simply obtained and to give immigrants a trail to citizenship. He records that immigrants dedicate fewer crimes than native-born people.
• Stein would like to cut troops spending in half and tighten some-more than 700 unfamiliar troops bases. She would anathema worker crusade and would mislay U.S. chief weapons abroad.
• Johnson considers himself doubtful of unfamiliar intervention. He believes Congress needs to be concerned in troops decisions.
• Stein supports a Black Lives Matter movement, and an finish to military savagery and mass incarceration.
• Johnson believes military shootings are rooted in a drug war, that he would like to end.
• Stein supports gun-control measures, and believes a issue ought to be treated as a inhabitant public-health emergency.
• Johnson’s support for gun tenure rights aligns with a Libertarian Party platform, that opposes gun restrictions of all kinds.
Both possibilities support a legalization of pot and weep a War on Drugs.