CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — The male wanted in a disappearance of University of Virginia tyro Hannah Graham is in control in Galveston, Texas, Charlottesville Police Chief Tim Longo pronounced Wednesday.
At a brief news conference, Longo did not fact how Jesse Matthew, 32, was taken into control or if any justification relating to a blank tyro was recovered.
Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset pronounced Matthew was found on a beach nearby a Gilchrist village on a Bolivar Penninsula, a frame of land on a Gulf Coast northeast of a city of Galveston, GalvestonDailyNews.com reported. He was found about 3:30 p.m. internal time Wednesday.
That plcae is some-more than 1,200 miles from Charlottesville.
Graham, 18, left early in a morning of Sept. 13 and has been a vigilant of a search.
Matthew has been charged with abduction with vigilant to fester and is represented by profession James Camblos, who was country profession for Albemarle County for 16 years.
Charlottesville military pronounced they performed an detain aver for Matthew, who they trust was a final chairman seen with Graham.
Before Longo announced that Matthew was in custody, Camblos pronounced he spoke with a think though wouldn’t contend if he knew Matthew’s whereabouts.
Matthew is seen on dual notice videos with Graham a night that she went missing. Police pronounced they have reason to trust Graham got into Matthew’s car. After stealing garments from a automobile and Matthew’s unit for DNA testing, military expelled a wanted print for him.
Police had pronounced they believed Matthew was in his sister’s 1997 light blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia tags VAC4575.
Matthew is a nursing partner during a University of Virginia Hospital. He has been dangling but compensate as a outcome of a rapist charge.
Before Hannah Graham disappeared
What military know about a hours before
Hannah Graham disappeared
from Charlottesville, Va., nearby a University of Virginia campus, come mostly from businesses’ notice cameras. A map locates a places in this timeline.
1. 9:30 p.m. ET. Graham is prisoner on Camden Plaza Apartments notice video in a corridor a few blocks divided from a GrandMarc apartments (1) where she lives.
2. 11:50 p.m. Graham’s friends accommodate her during Camden Plaza Apartments on 14th Street Northwest. It is a final time they see her.
3. 12:46 a.m. Graham is prisoner on notice video during McGrady’s Pub on Grady Avenue. Police contend she was carrying a review with a male and seemed drunk.
4. 1 a.m. Graham is prisoner on notice video during a Shell gas hire on Preston Avenue opposite tyrannise marks from her unit and a U.Va. campus. She’s seen using afterwards walking.
5. 1:06 a.m. Graham is prisoner on notice video during Sal’s Pizza on East Main Street. A white male walks into a camera’s view, looks over his shoulder afterwards stairs into a doorway. Graham walks past him and afterwards he starts walking behind her. He after came to military and told them he was following Graham since she seemed unsettled and he wanted to make certain she was safe.
6. 1:08 a.m. Graham is prisoner on notice video during Tuel’s Jewelers on East Main Street. The video shows a male walking some stretch behind her.
7. After 1:08 a.m. Graham and a male with dreadlocks enter Tempo Restaurant Bar on Fifth Street Southeast. He buys alcohol, they stay 15 mins and leave together.
• 1:20 a.m. Graham texts friends, “I’m entrance to a party…but I’m lost.” It was a final time she had hit with anyone. If her phone pinpointed her location, military have not expelled a information, and military did not explain either a content was sent before or after withdrawal a bar.
On Sept. 19, military accept a aver to hunt a automobile and condo (8) about 3 miles northwest from where Graham was final seen.