The Steelers can’t win Super Bowl XLIX, yet Pittsburgh fans aren’t wholly though rooting seductiveness in a Patriots-Seahawks matchup.
With a group carrying played in 8 Super Bowls, particular Steelers have racked adult a prolonged list of single-game and career Super Bowl records. Here’s where Pittsburgh’s still being chased:
• Chuck Noll binds a record for many Super Bowls won as a coach, with four. If Bill Belichick’s Patriots win on Sunday, though, Noll will share that record.
• Antwaan Randle-El is tied with 4 others for a many two-point conversions in a game. He had one in Super Bowl XLV in a 31-25 Pittsburgh detriment to a Green Bay Packers.
• Franco Harris binds a career record for rushes and rushing yards gained in a Super Bowl career. Neither is expected to be threatened on Sunday. He also binds a record for sum attempts during gaining yards in Super Bowls, that includes returns. Harris has 108.
• Willie Parker’s 75-yard touchdown opposite Seattle in Super Bowl XL is a longest run from struggle in a story of a championship. It could be damaged during any time, really.
• Terry Bradshaw owns a annals for career yards per gains flitting in a Super Bowl as good as for single-game yards per benefit passing. He set a latter with 14.7 yards per benefit in Super Bowl XIV, when Pittsburgh kick a Los Angeles Rams, 31-19.
• John Stallworth has a career record for normal yards per benefit receiving with 24.4. Fellow former Steeler Lynn Swann is third with 22.8. Both annals seem protected in this brief passing-first era.
• The Steelers possess a tip 3 spots for normal yards per benefit receiving in a singular Super Bowl performance. Stallworth’s 40.33 opposite a Rams is followed by Swann’s 40.25 opposite a Cowboys in Super Bowl X. When a Steelers kick a Cowboys again in Super Bowl XIII, Stallworth had 38.3 yards per catch, good for third on a single-game list.
• The longest interception lapse in Super Bowl story is James’s Harrison’s 100-yarder opposite a Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII. It’s hardly probable for this to be damaged — there’s usually 10 yards left — yet who knows.
• Dwight White and Reggie Harrison scored a reserve in Super Bowl IX and X, respectively, putting them in a seven-way tie for initial that includes Tom Brady. The Patriots quarterback got on a list with an conscious education opposite a Giants in Super Bowl XLVI and could tip a list alone with another opposite a Seahawks.
• And while Roger Staubach was never a Steeler, his 3 fumbles opposite Pittsburgh in Super Bowl X tie him with Jim Kelly and Frank Reich for many in a singular Super Bowl.