Dec. 1, 2015
Notre Dame (4-2, 0-0) vs. Illinois (3-4, 0-0)
Date: Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015
Site: State Farm Center – Champaign, Illinois
Game Time: 9:15 p.m. ET
Talent: Mark Jones (play-by-play); Kara Lawson (analyst)
Radio: Notre Dame Basketball Radio Network; WatchND
Talent: Jack Nolan (Play-By-Play); Torrian Jones (Analyst)
NOTRE DAME TRAVELS TO ILLINOIS FOR BIG TEN/ACC CHALLENGE
- Notre Dame faces a initial loyal highway exam of a 2015-16 debate on Wednesday evening, Dec. 2 when a Irish transport to Champaign, Illinois to take on Illinois in a 17th annual Big Ten/ACC Challenge. The diversion will take place during a State Farm Center with tipoff scheduled for 9:15 (ET).
- The competition will be promote on ESPN2 with Mark Jones (play-by-play) and Kara Lawson (analyst) job a action.
- A giveaway audio promote will be accessible pleasantness of WatchND. Jack Nolan will hoop play-by-play duties, while Torrian Jones will offer as analyst. The matchup is also accessible on Sirius and XM channel 81, with a home group broadcasting a matchup.
- Wednesday night’s matchup with Illinois will be initial between a dual schools in some-more than 12 years and will symbol a 40th assembly all-time.
- Notre Dame enters a diversion with a 4-2 record after losing dual of 3 games in Orlando, Florida during a AdvoCare Invitational. The Irish suffered a 70-68 reversal to Monmouth in a opening turn game, though came behind a night after to better Iowa, 68-62, in a satisfaction bracket. Notre Dame afterwards forsaken a 74-74 preference to Alabama in a fifth-place game.
- Illinois sports a 3-4 altogether record after personification their initial 7 games on a road. In a final tour a Illini mislaid to No. 4 Iowa State in a championship diversion of a Emerald Coast Classic in Niceville, Florida.
- Illinois is averaging 74.9 ppg., and is led by 3 players in double total — Kendrick Nunn (18.5 ppg.), Malcolm Hill (16.7 ppg.) and Mike Thome Jr. (13.4 ppg.)
- Illinois binds a 26-13 advantage in a series. The final assembly took place in a second turn of a 2003 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship in Indianapolis, Indiana as a Irish degraded a Illini 68-60 during a RCA Dome to allege to a informal semifinals that year.
- Prior to that contest, a dual teams had not played any other given Jan 1973. Notre Dame’s win during a RCA Dome snapped a three-game losing strain for a Irish and was a initial win given Jan. 31, 1970 (an 86-83 feat during Chicago Stadium).
- Twenty of a prior 39 meetings between Notre Dame and Illinois have taken place on a neutral floor. A infancy of those games were played during Chicago Stadium.
- This year’s competition will be a initial on-campus matchup given a Dec. 18, 1954 matchup when a Illini degraded a Irish 66-57 in Champaign.
- The array has featured 12 games played during Illinois with a Illini winning 11 of those matchups. Notre Dame’s usually win in Champaign (26-14) came on Feb. 6, 1926. Since afterwards a Irish have forsaken 6 true during Illinois.
- Notre Dame owns a 267-232-1 record all-time contra teams from a Big Ten Conference. The Irish have won 3 true over Big Ten foes.
IRISH IN THE BIG TEN/ACC CHALLENGE
- This is Notre Dame’s third year competing in a event.
- In a initial year as a member of a Atlantic Coast Conference, a Irish trafficked to Iowa City and mislaid a 98-93 preference to Iowa.
- Last year, Notre Dame played horde to Michigan State and degraded a Spartans 79-78 in overtime.
RECAPPING THE ADVOCARE INVITATIONAL
- After winning a championship in 2010, Notre Dame mislaid dual of a 3 games during a 2015 event.
- Notre Dame shot usually 44.2 percent from a margin (76-172), while opponents converted on 43.9 percent (79-180) of their margin idea attempts.
- The Irish shot an uncharacteristic 34-55 (.618) from a free-throw line and committed 30 turnovers in a 3 games.
- Demetrius Jackson led a Irish in a 3 games as he averaged 16.0 ppg. He shot 44.7 percent from a margin (17-38) and 71.4 percent (10-14) from a gift stripe.
- V.J. Beachem continues to emerge in purpose as a starter this season. He averaged 14.3 ppg. and 6.0 rpg. in a 3 games of a tournament. Beachem shot 47.1 percent (16-34) from a field.
- Steve Vasturia netted 13.7 ppg., as he converted 50.0 percent of his shots (15-30).
- Zach Auguste averaged a double-double in a 3 games, concealment 10.7 ppg., and grabbing 11.3 rpg.
ANOTHER NOVEMBER TO REMEMBER
- Notre Dame softened to 60-1 during home in a month of Nov underneath conduct manager Mike Brey following Saturday’s 83-57 win over UMass Lowell on Nov. 21.
- The usually detriment during that widen was an 83-70 reversal to Indiana State on Nov. 17, 2013.
DOUBLE THE PLEASURE
- Senior brazen Zach Auguste has scored in double total in 5 of 6 games this deteriorate and purebred a double-double in 4 of Notre Dame’s initial 6 games. He has grabbed 10-plus rebounds in 4 uninterrupted games (the longest strain of his career) and in 5 diversion altogether this season.
- Auguste is averaging a double-double this deteriorate during 13.8 ppg. and 10.7 rpg.
- His many new double-double bid came opposite Alabama in a final diversion of a AdvoCare Invitational. Auguste finished a competition with 16 points and 10 rebounds. He had 12 points and 13 play opposite Monmouth in Notre Dame’s opening turn diversion of that tournament. Auguste was hold to a season-low 4 points contra Iowa, though did transport in 11 boards.
- Auguste has scored in double total on 44 occasions during his career, grabbed 10-plus rebounds 11 times and purebred 9 double-doubles.
JACKSON DOUBLING IT UP
- Junior ensure Demetrius Jackson leads a Irish with a career-best 18.3 points per diversion scoring average. He finished with 16 points opposite Alabama in a detriment on Sunday night.
- Jackson has scored in double total in all 6 games. Only he and Steve Vasturia have purebred double total in any diversion this season.
- He began a deteriorate by scoring 20-plus points in any of Notre Dame’s initial dual contests. Jackson scored a career-high 27 points in a deteriorate opener opposite St. Francis (Pa.) as he connected on 10-14 from a margin and 3-5 from three-point range. He followed that adult with a 20-point bid contra Milwaukee that noted a initial time in his career that he netted 20-plus points we back-to-back contests.
- Jackson also finished 20 points in a detriment to Monmouth for a seventh 20-plus indicate bid of his career.
- Jackson has scored 20-plus points in 7 games over a march of his collegiate career and netted double total in 43 contests.
EARNING HIS STRIPES
- Junior brazen V.J. Beachem is averaging career bests of 12.5 points and 6.0 rebounds.
- He purebred double total in all 3 of Notre Dame’s games during a AdvoCare Invitational. Beachem tallied 14 points and grabbed a season-high 9 rebounds contra Monmouth, scored 16 points and hauled in 5 rebounds opposite Iowa and finished with 13 points and 5 rebounds opposite Alabama.
- Beachem has netted double total 15 times during his career. His stream three-game double-figure scoring strain matches a longest of his career.
CALL HIM MR. CONSISTENT
- Junior ensure Steve Vasturia has scored in double total in all 6 games this deteriorate as he is averaging 12.8 points per game.
- Vasturia finished a 2014-15 debate by concealment double total in any of Notre Dame’s final 3 games. His stream nine-game double-figure scoring strain is a longest of his career and a longest active strain for any member of a Irish squad.
- Vasturia has netted double total in 31 career outings.
NOTRE DAME ONE WIN FROM 1800
- A win tonight opposite Illinois would give a Notre Dame men’s basketball module 1800th career win as a Irish could turn usually a ninth Division we propagandize to strech that milestone, fasten Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, Temple, Syracuse and UCLA.
- St. John’s is one win divided from a 1800th win as good and play during Fordham on Wednesday night.
- Notre Dame owns an all-time record of 1799-974 (.649) in 111-plus seasons.
IN THE RANKINGS
- Notre Dame forsaken out of a rankings this week after anticipating itself 17th in a Associated Press ranking and 18th in a USA Today Coaches Poll final week.
- Prior to this week, a Irish had been ranked in 18 uninterrupted polls dating behind to Dec. 8, 2014. Notre Dame was ranked during a final 15 weeks of a 2014-15 debate and a initial 3 polls of a 2015-16 season.
- The strain matched a longest during Mike Brey’s 16-year tenure.
- Notre Dame also had a strain of appearing in 18 true polls during a 2007-08 and 2008-09 campaigns. The Irish were ranked in a final 7 polls in 2007-08 deteriorate and a initial 11 of a 2008-09 season.
For some-more news and records visit: Link