It’s a flattering brief week this week given of a holidays. However, Monday facilities one flattering large diversion that will give us some-more information on how good Wisconsin is.
Best diversion — Wisconsin (-8.5) during California; (9 ET, ESPN2): While Wisconsin trafficked to a Bahamas for in a Battle 4 Atlantis, a Badgers indeed still haven’t left a state of Wisconsin nonetheless to face a loyal highway test. They’ll get that on Monday night, as Bo Ryan and association transport to Berkeley to take on California in what is clearly a diversion of a night. The Golden Bears have been flattering good this season, with their usually cut entrance in New York to Texas. Lead ensure Tyrone Wallace has an evidence as a many underrated actor in a nation right now, averaging 19.8 points, 8.9 rebounds and 4.4 assists with sharpened outlines of 51 percent from a margin and 50 percent from 3. His play has helped lead Cal to a best start in 55 years. While it’s clearly a loser in this game, this organisation is unequivocally gifted adequate to give Wisconsin a tough diversion on a home floor.
Second-best diversion — Miami (FL) vs. Providence; 9 ET, FS1: The Hurricanes will confidently dump out of a rankings on Monday after their 28-point detriment to Eastern Kentucky (no seriously, that happened), nonetheless that doesn’t take divided how clever of a resume they’ve built this season. They still have a integrate of plain top-40 wins over Illinois and Florida, notwithstanding their waste to Green Bay and Colonels — both of whom could finish adult as NCAA Tournament teams in their leagues). They face off opposite LaDontae Henton and Kris Dunn for a Friars, who have sum to turn one of a best 1-2 punches in a NCAA this season. This diversion will expected hinge on if Angel Rodriguez is feeling a bit improved after he was apparently ill on Friday in Miami’s loss. If he’s feeling a bit some-more adult to snuff, a Canes have a good shot of winning. If not, Providence could take it easily.
Another to watch — Wofford during West Virginia (-9.5); 7:30 ET: West Virginia has solidified itself as a top-25 organisation after a detriment to LSU progressing this deteriorate by disorder off 3 wins straight. Its 10-1 start is a best given 2009, when a Mountaineers reeled off 11 loyal with Da’Sean Butler heading a way. The Mountaineers will get a stiffer exam than they expected envisioned when scheduling this diversion opposite Wofford though, as a Terriers already have a integrate of top-100 wins opposite North Carolina State and Iona. Wofford ensure Karl Cochran is one of a improved mid-major players in a country, as he’s a good passer that has also burst 20 points a few times this year. My theory is that a Mountaineers widen their record to 11-1, nonetheless it wouldn’t warn if a Terriers make it a bit some-more formidable than is being anticipated.
Matchup of a night — Angel Rodriguez vs. Kris Dunn: Mostly, we only wish to use this space to speak about Dunn, who has been positively fantastic in his lapse from mixed injuries over a march of his collegiate career. The former five-star partisan is finally removing to uncover his overwhelming talent level, averaging 13.1 points and 6.5 assists per game. That ostentatious support sum gives a indicate ensure a 47.4 support percentage, that is good for third in a whole country. His matchup opposite Rodriguez on Monday will expected tell a story of a game, as whoever can control a dash between a dual of them should finish adult on a winning side.
Potential upset: There are an awful lot of teams on dissapoint watch Monday.
- Let’s start with Kansas, who has to transport to Philadelphia to play Temple. The Jayhawks are still a unequivocally immature organisation that will be personification in a second loyal highway diversion of a season. Temple hasn’t looked good this year, nonetheless a Owls are still an gifted organisation with a intelligent manager that could emanate a plain gameplan to better Kansas.
- Columbia gave Kentucky a toughest diversion yet, and a Lions face off opposite Connecticut on Monday night. If they can delayed down a diversion like they did opposite a Wildcats, it wouldn’t be a startle to see this one a one measure diversion late.
- With Alan Williams inside, if UC-Santa Barbara can get Oregon in tainted difficulty early, a Gauchos could means some issues for a Ducks’ organisation that lacks depth.
- Finally, it’s never easy to go to Hawaii and kick a Warriors in a late-starting game, as Pitt schooled progressing this year. Nebraska is a subsequent organisation that will take on this challenge, and it wouldn’t warn me to see Hawaii hit off another tip foe.
Pick of a night — Notre Dame -18.5 vs. Northern Illinois: So distant this season, a Irish have beaten teams ranked outward of a KenPom top-100 by an normal of 32.3 points. Northern Illinois is ranked 258th in KenPom, and has mislaid all 4 of a highway games this deteriorate — including 21-point defeats to both DePaul and Iowa. The Irish have unequivocally put it on all of a poor teams they’ve played this season, and we design that to continue opposite a Huskies.
- Michigan State will demeanour to rebound behind from a terrible better to Texas Southern on Saturday, as The Citadel comes to town.
- One of a some-more fun mid-major games of a night will underline UC-Irvine and Green Bay confronting off in Las Vegas. If we’re lucky, we’ll get to see one of a some-more engaging juxtapositions in basketball this season, as a Phoenix’s strong mite Keifer Sykes goes adult opposite a biggest actor in college hoops in Mamadou Ndiaye. However, Ndiaye has recently been out with a sprained foot, so he might not be means to go.
- The Diamond Head Classic kicks off on Monday, as Ohio faces George Washington, DePaul faces Colorado, Wichita State goes adult opposite Loyola Marymount, and Nebraska takes on Hawaii. Some engaging contests there that could lead to a integrate of decent semifinals.
- Saint Mary’s goes adult opposite Northeastern in another plain mid-major matchup that facilities a integrate of teams that could convene to make a NCAA Tournament.
- Ohio State, Butler, Syracuse, VCU, St. John’s Indiana, Oklahoma, Baylor, Minnesota, Washington and San Diego State are also all in movement opposite mid-major opponents that they should defeat.