: The Tide didn’t have a best of weeks, and got off to a delayed start opposite Kentucky, yet eventually pennyless by in a 34-3 win over a Wildcats. Freshman quarterback Alabama Jalen Hurts finished 20 of 33 passes for 262 yards with dual touchdowns to Calvin Ridley, who held 11 passes for 174 yards.
Ohio State: The Buckeyes demolished Rutgers 58-0, outgaining a Scarlet Knights by 553 yards of sum offense. It was Urban Meyer’s fifth shutout of during slightest 50 points, a many by an Ohio State manager given a finish of World War II.
Clemson: After a Tigers kick Louisville, Dabo Swinney now has 14 wins over AP-ranked opponents, second usually to Danny Ford (18) in propagandize history. The Tigers transport to Boston College subsequent Friday.
Michigan: The Wolverines were distant from ideal in their 14-7 win over Wisconsin, that was their initial feat over an AP top-10 group given violence a No. 9 Badgers in 2008. Michigan’s invulnerability was salty, though, holding Wisconsin to 88 flitting yards and 71 rushing. Next 4 in contention
Washington: The Huskies clobbered Stanford 44-6 on Friday night to take control of a Pac-12 North. It was Washington’s biggest win over an AP top-10 competition given shutting out No. 5 USC 31-0 in 1990. The Huskies will try to finish a 12-game losing strain opposite Oregon in Eugene subsequent week.
Houston: The Cougars atoned for their usually detriment final season, violence Connecticut 42-14 on Thursday night. Houston’s invulnerability had 4 sacks, and a Cougars substantially won’t be tested until their Nov. 17 showdown opposite Louisville.
Tennessee: The Vols trailed by as many as 17 points during Georgia, and they’re now 4-0 in games in that they trailed by during slightest dual touchdowns during a past dual seasons. They erased a 21-point lead opposite Florida final week, a 14-point necessity opposite Virginia Tech progressing this deteriorate and a 21-point hole opposite Georgia final season.
Texas AM: The Aggies softened to 5-0 for a third true deteriorate with a 24-13 win during South Carolina. It’s a initial time they’ve started 3-0 in a SEC given fasten a discussion in 2012 and initial such start in any joining given going 4-0 in a Big 12 in 2004. They horde Tennessee subsequent week. Heisman candidates
Lamar Jackson accounted for 3 touchdowns in Louisville’s detriment to Clemson. Grant Halverson/Getty Images
: Jackson led Louisville to scores on a initial 5 drives of a second half and had 135 of his 162 rushing yards after halftime. The Cardinals came adult dull on their final dual drives however, as Clemson came behind to win 42-36. Jackson finished with 457 sum yards and 3 touchdowns. Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
: In a initial quarter, Watson finished 1 of 6 passes for one yard. In a final 3 quarters, he was obliged for 369 yards and 5 touchdowns, apropos a third actor in a final 5 seasons to pass for 300 yards and 5 touchdowns and rush for 90 yards opposite a ranked competition in a Tigers’ win over Louisville. Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
: Ward was scarcely ideal opposite UConn on Thursday night, completing 32 of 38 passes for 389 yards with 3 touchdowns, while also rushing for 65 yards with dual scores. He has accounted for 13 touchdowns in 4 games. Greg Ward Jr., QB, Houston
: Barrett set an Ohio State record for career touchdowns by throwing 4 some-more opposite Rutgers. Barrett has now thrown 59 touchdowns in 27 career games. It was also his seventh diversion with during slightest 4 touchdown passes, another OSU record. J.T. Barrett, QB, Ohio State Tweets of a night
1. Some ending, too.
2. It’s truly a mislaid art.
3. As if it couldn’t get worse for Oregon fans.
4. LSU halt manager Ed Orgeron got a Gatorade bath after using a Tigers to a 42-7 win over Missouri.
1. Oklahoma State manager Mike Gundy danced in a locker room after a Pokes’ large win over Texas. Whatever it was, we’re job it “The Mullet.”
2. Illinois respected late Nebraska punter Sam Foltz by presenting a Cornhuskers with an Illini jersey sealed by a group during a pregame silver toss.
3. Miami respected late Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez with a “JF16” decal on a helmets.
4. Michigan lined adult with 10 players in an I-formation opposite Wisconsin, before violation into a energy formation. Jim Harbaugh substantially schooled a play during a satellite stay somewhere.
1. Michigan cornerback
Jourdan Lewis had a best one-handed interception you’ll ever see to safety a win over Wisconsin.
2. North Carolina’s
Nick Weiler done a 54-yard margin idea on a final play to win 37-35 during Florida State. Then he distinguished by derisive a FSU fans during Doak Campbell Stadium.
3. Penn State tied Minnesota on
Tyler Davis‘ 40-yard margin idea with dual seconds left in regulation, and afterwards won 29-26 on Saquon Barkley‘s 25-yard touchdown run in overtime.
4. Texas AM’s
Jeremy Tabuyo had to strech behind around a South Carolina defender yet somehow managed to transport in a initial down on this one-handed locate in a Aggies’ 24-13 win.
1. Duke quarterback
Daniel Jones never saw Virginia linebacker Jordan Mack using toward him in a finish zone. He paid a price. The outrageous pouch and fail led to a touchdown in a Cavaliers’ 34-20 win.
Jalen Hurd suspicion he was going to seashore into a finish section for a touchdown. Georgia’s Deandre Baker had other ideas.
Alex Hornibrook wasn’t utterly prepared for a snap.
4. Oklahoma State blocked 3 Texas extra-point attempts, including one by 310-pound defensive tackle
Vincent Taylor, who scooped adult a round and pitched it to Tre Flowers, who ran it behind for dual points.
Block additional point: ✅ Lateral to open man: ✅ Take it to a house: ✅
A video posted by SportsCenter (@sportscenter) on Oct 1, 2016 during 10:25am PDT
Quotes of a night
1. “That’s something we use any week — last-play defense. You put your best jumpers in a finish section and everybody gets adult and gets a round down. We do drills to repute it. Their child usually went adult and got it.” — Georgia manager Kirby Smart
2. “A correct male once said, ‘You even have to move your nauseous babies home from a hospital,’ and that was ugly. In fact that competence have been what someone told my father when we was born. But we feel unequivocally good that a guys found a approach to win.” — Florida manager Jim McElwain, after a No. 23 Gators won 13-6 during Vanderbilt.
3. “You wish a kids to see results. we suspicion over a final 4 weeks — that Sep is one we don’t wish to remember — yet they put so many work in to see results. To come home after a tough detriment to Utah, we praise a staff in assisting a kids to keep desiring and keep removing softened and it paid off today.” — USC manager Clay Helton, after a Trojans’ 41-20 win over dominant Arizona State
4. “We said, ‘Hey, we consider we’re going to get them stopped.’ [Defensive coordinator Art Kaufman] told me, ‘We’re going to get this. We’re going to get them stopped,’ and he was right.” — California manager Sonny Dykes, on his defense’s goal-line mount to kick Utah, in that a Bears kept a Utes out of a finish section on 7 plays inside a Cal 10-yard line.
Stats that matter
1-130: FBS teams that trailed by 14 points or some-more in a fourth entertain had a 1-130 record this season, according to ESPN Stats Info. No. 13 Baylor trailed 42-28 with reduction than 12 mins to play during Iowa State, yet scored a final 17 points to shun with a 45-42 victory.
634: LSU had 634 yards of offense in a 42-7 win over Missouri in Ed Orgeron’s initial diversion as halt coach. The Tigers set a propagandize record for sum offense in a diversion opposite an SEC opponent.
19: Air Force degraded Navy 28-14 on Saturday to urge to 4-0. The leader of a diversion has claimed any of a final 19 Commander-In-Chief’s trophies.
41: Colorado softened to 4-1 by blustering Oregon State 47-6. It was a Buffaloes’ many unilateral win in a discussion diversion given defeating Kansas State 54-7 in a Big 8 in 1992.