BOSTON — A Chipotle grill nearby Boston College has reopened several weeks after 136 congregation fell ill with norovirus.
City health inspectors had given a grill in a Cleveland Circle area accede to free as shortly as Thursday, though it wasn’t means to open a doors immediately since of an separate H2O leak. The Chipotle reopened Saturday instead.
Boston’s arch health examiner told a Boston Herald he skeleton to have lunch during a grill Monday as a uncover of confidence.
Health officials systematic a grill sealed on Dec. 7 after patrons, including dozens of Boston College students, many of them members of BC’s men’s basketball team, became ill with a gastrointestinal illness. The grill was entirely spotless and clean before reopening.
Norovirus causes nausea, queasiness and diarrhea, though many patients redeem within a few days.
The Boston Chipotle conflict was believed to have been sparked by a ill worker during a restaurant. Norovirus, a many common means of foodborne illness in a United States, is often widespread by putrescent food use workers.